Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

New things come andgo. What things wool go in 11 years

No more Pizza Delivery Guy.
1 (16.7%)
No Desktop PC over 3 pounds.
0 (0%)
No more USB Cell phone changers.
2 (33.3%)
No more College entrance exams.
0 (0%)
No passenger cars with human drivers.
1 (16.7%)
Other, provide your own pet idea.
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: May 13, 2019, 12:25:42 PM

Author Topic: Poll: What things gone by 2030. Pick 2  (Read 2282 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Poll: What things gone by 2030. Pick 2
« on: May 06, 2019, 12:25:42 PM »
This is mostly for fun. But it might come true!
Poll: What things gone by 2030

No more Pizza Delivery Guy.
Everything will come by drone

No Desktop PC over 3 pounds.
Power levels so low little cooling needed. 8)

No more USB Cell phone changers.
Everything  will use a wireless charger.

No more College entrance exams.
Each applicant must provide proof.  ???

No passenger cars with human drivers.
All automobiles will be automobiles.   :P

Other, provide your own pet idea.
(I was thinking FREE Internet for everyone... 'twill never happen. )   ;D

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Poll: What things gone by 2030. Pick 2
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 01:51:56 PM »
Not listed here and already feeling the pressure of changing times are MALLS.

Recently I went to 3 malls after not having gone to them in over 8 years. ( I live 60 miles from one mall, 80 Miles from another and 90 from the other and thats why its been 8 years.) They use to be busy and fun to go to and have a variety of good food in the food courts. However the Steeplegate Mall in Concord New Hampshire was once full of big name stores and its a ghost town in there. Additionally all the big name food they had in there gone and now just a few no name businesses likely getting a bargain for rent on business space trying to make money in a mall that isnt doing well at all. Greater than 60% of the shops/stores were closed and empty and i only saw 1 other couple of customers in there. The silence and echo of foot steps was weird to notice.

I thought this was just failure due to location and that maybe its just the result of change in peoples shopping patterns to go to Manchester Mall instead but that one too is much less busy than what use to be, however not in the kind of failure that Steeplegate is in.

I attended College last summer on the opposite side of Vermont in the town of Rutland and they have a Mall there that use to be really healthy. My visit there was the same as Steeplegate with businesses that left and no one is renting the space inside. K-Mart was going out of business and so I stopped in there and they already had 80% of the store gutted and majority of the good deals gone with mostly ugly clothing that no one would ever buy and damaged furniture that they are trying to sell at 90% off.

It then occurred to me that the pattern that is happening is not that people are going to other Malls Physically, but that the failure of malls was in the fact that the Internet is killing them off. Amazon and all other thriving online businesses are thriving and people like the ease of buying stuff online and waiting a few days for it. People these days are less likely to go to a store and try on clothing when they already know their size and if it doesnt fit well you can just ship it back and get a replacement in the correct size or full refund.

So Malls in the United States are going to all dry up I feel and Wal-Mart is going to survive mainly on the fact that their super stores sell food and have an automotive department. Their margins could increase on products based on paying a small premium for convenience for having something right now vs having to wait 2 or 3 days for it to arrive. So Wal-Marts prices might rebound from competitive with Amazon to deciding to raise the prices slightly and not be dragged down to lesser margin but make money on convenience premiums.