Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: what is the magic way to make an Acer E5-511P boot  (Read 99796 times)

taylor1277

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    what is the magic way to make an Acer E5-511P boot
    « on: June 06, 2019, 06:04:13 PM »
    So I have never ever had a problem like this before, so let us just say last night I turned off my system, put it in my laptop bag, then today I went to work came home, plugged in  the laptop, turned it on, and got to the acer ( explore beyond limits page ) and the little circle of balls keeps going round and round. what is the magic key to get it up and running, or at least to get me into my system. I am here using a tablet, so bear with me. I have a 64bit windows 8.1 acer E5-511P laptop. thank you please help. I never needed tech support and they want to charge me 99.-199 to help. last time I buy an Acer, even Cnet says their tech support isn't the best, can someone help. thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: what is the magic way to make an Acer E5-511P boot
    « Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 04:12:17 PM »
    I'd leave the computer powered on and connected to wall power because it might be going through a lengthy Windows Update. If it stays like this for more than 24 hours then your going to need the system recovery media to repair Windows.

taylor1277

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »
      you know I have about had it with Microsoft and it always breaking down. when will they get it tio work with Windows 10? is it better to download and learn Linux. How different is that than Windows since that is all that I have used ever? And will my system support it, does Chrome work with it, and I think if I change to that I am going to switch to Firefox. Opinions on this.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
      Hi Taylor

It was a very reasonable priced Laptop from about 4 years ago. Do you move it around when it's on? Perhaps the Hard drive is failing.
      There is nothing built in to the Aspire laptops to diagnose a faulty hard drive you would need a boot up flash drive with diagnostics. Or to see if someone local does free quotes/diagnostics.
      I put my money on a failing hard drive.
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan