Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cross-Over cable between ports on a Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switch  (Read 3155 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
While inspecting new hardware that was installed today by the IT Team, I looked over the new hardware and saw 2 short 1ft length cross over cables on the Cisco Catalyst 2960-X Series Switch and I was like.... what the..?

Knowing there is a purpose to this I figured I would check here to see if there is a reason for what looks to me like communication redirection for 2 routes in this switch, but to me I don't get why a cross over is needed when the traffic itself can all be redirected internally when configured. My thought is that the switch acts as the controller of traffic and packets don't need to be transmitted out one port on a switch and back into another on the same switch for 2 redirects.

Maybe this is something new and the Switch has a feature that is being used that I haven't seen in other managed smart switches.  :-\