Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Some part of Hard drive failing. Unsure which one.  (Read 1952 times)

skipperskips

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Some part of Hard drive failing. Unsure which one.
    « on: May 18, 2019, 03:09:13 AM »
    Hello. I have a system of
    16 GB ram. AMD Ryzen 1600 Six core 3.40 GHz, Nvidia geforce RTX 2070. 1tb hdd, 500 ssd. My graphics handling should be fine, I play on a 32 inch 4k monitor. I use 3840 x 2160 resolution for standard. I try to play most games on this resolution as well, but they all crash. If I decrease the quality to approximately "low" or "medium", only then it doesn't crash on me. I do not understand what part of my computer is failing to let me play these games. I can reduce the resolution of a game to 1920x1080 and play windowed, it only takes a side of the monitor, but if I increase the quality of the graphics any further than low, it starts crashing. Could it be an issue with internet? I use a wifi adapter, which I know isn't the best but it never lags or such. I do not believe it could be the graphics card, since this problem has been persisting with my old GPU as well (GTX 1060), but now that I upgraded, it's still crashing all the same. Also recently upgraded power supply and got the ssd I mentioned. In case it was a corrupt disk of my HDD, I put all the games and apps into the SSD, but that had no influence on crashing. Another thing to mention, when I turn on highest graphics on a game, 4k resolution. Most cases it runs 60fps, but still crashes. I have ensured all the drivers are updated. Any idea what might be the issue?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Some part of Hard drive failing. Unsure which one.
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 02:18:23 AM »
    You don't say what motherboard you are using?
    Perhaps if you are still needing a solution you could run Speccy

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download       

And go file then publish snapshot and copy the link to the report here.
    From the report there is lots of information but nothing which will identify you or your computer.

Please DO NOT  copy the report here !!!! just the link only.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan