Other > Reviews and recommendations

Take a look at Bluetooth.

(1/1)

Geek-9pm:
Start of my dictation.
This is about Bluetooth.
No attempt here is made to tell you everything about Bluetooth, but I just want to dispel some mistaken ideas some might have about what Bluetooth cannot do.
First of all, Bluetooth was never intended to cover a wide area with wireless communication. But aside from that, Bluetooth can do an excellent job unreliable data communication inside of your office or home space.
In the past some Bluetooth headsets have been completely horrible. That has changed.
You can get Bluetooth devices to work reliably up to a distance of about 100 feet without using a whole lot of power. But yes, it does take more power. For applications for you need very low power at short distances, you can get specific low-power devices that work very well and very short distances.
Recently a new standard was introduced for Bluetooth. It is called the Bluetooth 5.0 standard. I personally have not yet to use it. You can Google it yourself and see that there are some very important changes that have been made to the new standard.
But why would you want to use Bluetooth anyway. Well, for one thing, it gives you a standard that is backward compatible with some of the older things you might have around. Of course, the older devices cannot do the higher speeds or the lower power found in the new standard. But you can at least use them as they were originally designed.
Contrary to what you might think, Bluetooth can offer fairly good measure of security if you implemented properly. However, using Bluetooth that your network communication device might not be a good idea. Instead, you'd want to limit your Bluetooth to specific devices such as keyboards, mice, headphones, microphones and loudspeakers. Bluetooth can also be used for some cameras.
My personal experience with older Bluetooth devices has been satisfactory and I don't understand why people are down on Bluetooth. Just don't expect it to do everything that you can do with other types of wireless devices. But for specific applications it's a great idea.
Here is a useful link about what you can expect from the new Bluetooth 5.0 standard.

Bluetooth 5.0: What’s Different, and Why it Matters

What about you? Have you recently go a new Bluetooth thin?  :D
End of document.

soybean:

--- Quote ---Bluetooth can do an excellent job unreliable data communication inside of your office or home space.
--- End quote ---
  I believe you meant reliable, not unreliable. Right?

In addition to the various Bluethooth uses you've mentioned, I first started using Bluetooth in a car earlier this year.  The ability to connect a smartphone to a car's audio system and then receive calls via the car's audio system is a convenient and safe way to receive phone calls in your car. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version