Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse  (Read 1936 times)

abcat2000

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Mouse
    « on: May 23, 2019, 09:17:18 AM »
    I'm having a problem that may be caused by the mouse but am not sure.   Lately the  attached symbol has appeared on the screen next to the pointer.  It is not always there, but comes up very frequently.  When it comes up, a couple of things may happen; the screen may scroll when i don't want it to, multiple tabs for the same site will be created, or the same tabs may be deleted without my wanting that to happen.   This is a wireless mouse.   This is a PC with Windows 8.1.   I have already moved  to a different USB port .  It can also be very hard to type at times. 

Salmon Trout

Re: Mouse
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
    This is normal with 3-button mice when you press the middle button. If you press again it goes back to normal mode. If it happens when you have not pressed the middle button, the mouse or USB receiver may be faulty, or you might need to change the battery inside the mouse.

abcat2000

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
      Thanks so much!  I think it was damaged after I had to pound it on the desk a couple of times.  I got a new mouse and everything's fine.   

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 01:37:50 PM »
      I think it was damaged after I had to pound it on the desk

Had to pound it on the desk?

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 07:25:32 PM »
       ;D   ;D
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 06:23:07 AM »
      Quite often you find a battery is making poor contact in its holder and slight movement of the battery will improve things for a while. This happens to me with remote controls for TV, PVR etc. Usually it's one or two AA or AAA batteries, where the holder has a spring for the negative contact and a little bendy metal tab thing for the positive contact. When batteries are quite new, there is plenty of voltage and everything is OK, but as the battery ages the voltage drops and you can get to a state where slight oxidation on the contacts or looseness can make the voltage drop so much that device stop working or gets sluggish. Of course the best thing to do is put new or recharged batteries in, but sometimes you just want to watch the TV or use the mouse, so some kind of physical disturbance seems like a plan. With TV remotes, I bang them on my leg or the soft arm of the chair, and that can do the trick. Or you can open the battery cover and wiggle the batteries a bit. Rolling them with your fingertip so they revolve in the holder can do the trick. Of course, banging a mouse on the desk can work, but as the OP has found, you can do this one time too many, especially if you are forceful.

bkdroid13

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 03:13:45 AM »
        same problem with me. my mouse also break so its not working. i got new mouse.