Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 1903 update and some problems  (Read 6340 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

1903 update and some problems
    « on: May 25, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »
    Hi!

Yesterday I updated my Windows to 1903.
    All was updated ok, no problems.

So, I tried some new features and found problems.
    So:

Sandbox - reports only one error (no matter if I run it as admin): Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready.

Sticky Notes is only small problem but when MS fixed multimonitor support I was surprised what is there new - I'm using 3 monitors and never found problem with notes position.
    Ok, I updated Sticky Notes yet in 1809 version, no problem. But after install 1903 and checking Sticky Notes version 3.6.73 are notes after each explorer restart placed on single monitor and even not the same.

Multimonitor problem appeared generally in 1809 version - some dialogs are wide through whole all connected monitors and File Explorer is not possible to move/resize 'cause it expands its width after each moving/resizing. Only one way to move/resize File Explorer is to place it to 1st left monitor and there fix its position and size. Moving between monitors is possible only by 3rd party app (in my case DisplayFusion - directly move window to other monitor by button hit). Before 1809 version this was not problem.

Command Prompt zoom:
    I'm using NTVDMx64 and it was required to switch to new console type. Did it and started command prompt again... no text, no cursor - only after typing anything and pressing enter.
    Anything I mean really no matter what.
    2nd question is bit other - is possible to use NTVDMx64 in new console type? Like I see it reports error and dialog Ignore/Close - off course no matter of choice, NTVDMx64 (or better any 16-bit app works not). When I switch to old type console, NTVDMx64 works.
    For correction - I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64

Again, but think not important here, VMware again, like after each update, fails with Hyper-V and Device Guard problems.
    Here it needs to say that this is first update where VMware manual fix works not by way like before and after trying to fix it reports Hyper-V problem only - but Hyper-V is generally disabled and removed from system. What MS added new to this version? Or is it my wished Sandbox????

Finally, my wished feature of this release - Sandbox works not and this update brings more problems than enhancements.

Can anybody help?
    Thank you.
    Miro