Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Google fonts not displaying in firefox  (Read 10885 times)

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    Google fonts not displaying in firefox
    « on: June 14, 2019, 04:17:16 AM »
    When I go to google fonts...no fonts are displayed...I also tried it in internet explorer, chrome, and edge with the same results
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:30:16 AM by Jackman5 »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Google fonts not displaying in firefox
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 02:53:35 PM »
    Well you got further than I did... I tried getting there from a work computer that allows access to google and it seems as the Edge browser I am at is out of date. But sharing the message I got here. Here is the URL I used:
    https://fonts.google.com/

(˚Δ˚)b

Your browser is not currently supported. Google Fonts works best on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari.

Did you make sure that Firefox is the latest version?

I find it odd that its as if google itself in your screenshots is missing the fonts and that's why they are in red (x). You might have to contact Google Support on this.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
    Just looked back into this and its actually red ( +) symbols and not X's, and a count of 6.

Wonders if you need browser update. I would think clicking on the (+) might expand display a list of them, but unable to test from work on my break here.

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 02:18:39 AM »
      Thanks so much for looking at this.  This is weird.  I think it's my computer, as I'm getting this on all browsers.  I have two other computers that don't do this.  Firefox is up to date.  It's not google itself.  I changed the security sandbox thing through about:config so far, but again, I don't think it's firefox.  I don't have a noscript plugin or extention.  Did some housekeeping.  I have a v8...i7...so I'm still working on it.  Again, thanks for checking this out and for your response.

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 02:31:27 AM »
        I'm thinking that this thing happened after I was doing something with apache server and wamp server.  I may have been following an erroneous tutorial among the tutorials that I was using.  I since removed apache and wamp.  I'm thinking that this could be in the registry.  Any suggestions on a reliable registry tutorial?

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »
          Well keep watching this thread and maybe someone will come up with something.  I'm still working on it.

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »
            I'm throwing this out..or in here guys...internet security issues are becoming an issue right now...not quite sure why this is...I'll keep you posted... no worries at this time...so cliche...but it's true..stay tuned..and when this issue is resolved..I'll let you know what happened..OK?  OK?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
            Not quite sure what unseen fonts has to do with security....did you happen to check google Forums for an answer ? ?

Only a few thousand hits on the search...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 03:16:03 AM »
              Good one..that's my next step.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
              • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • BC-Programming.com
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 09:10:07 AM »
              It's not helpful but I see what the OP shows until I set Noscript to "Allow All on this page"; of course as the OP has clarified that they are not using NoScript, and they are using multiple browsers- And Chrome and Edge appear to show it correctly for me, so that isn't it.

I will say however that it is unlikely to be related to your use of WAMP Server software or to be something security related.
              I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Jackman5

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 08:47:00 PM »
                Thanks so much everyone...as it turned out..it was a dns deal thing...and it was blocking me from even getting any kind of security on my computer...nuts..
                What I ended up doing was this..and everything became resolved..refer to the screenshots...again...thanks so much..when you observe the screenshot with the red and blue ink..the red ink circle was filled in with ip address numbers and so on..when I went to automatic..it unchained my computer..problem solved...thanks guys