Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 DVD problems  (Read 4403 times)

Djedd85

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 7 DVD problems
    « on: June 29, 2019, 04:33:39 AM »
    Hi there.

Can someone urgently help me out.I'm having trouble with my Windows 7, and to repair it I have to use my Windows 7 DVD.The problem is my DVD refuses to read 2 files in the 'boot' folder due to it being scrathed.I've been through a lot in the past 4 days trying to get my windows running again.I now have Vista installed and I'm haveing a tought time searching the web, because my computer time is set to 2006 so I get a lot of certificate errors.I can only use 2006 - 2007 dates or Vista will log me out with the error "Product key expired". I can't believe I have to go through all of this just to repair my Windows installation.

Please can you guys do me a huge favour and upload the files -

"boot.sdi" and "bcd"

inside the Windows 7 Installation DVD 'boot' directory.The files is just over 3MB in size for both.

I will be extremely grateful if you can help me out.It's only those 2 files that isn't able to read correctly and without them I'm not getting the 'boot from dvd' option when booting up my PC.I want to create a bootable USB drive now, but can't copy those 2 files.

Also I am not in a position to download a Windows 7 ISO, as data is extremely expensive in my country and  I don't have the money to do that.If I could download an ISO I wouldn't even have wasted time looking for help on forums.

Please anyone with a Windows 7 dvd can help me out.PLEASE guys.

Thanks

Salmon Trout

Re: Windows 7 DVD problems
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 06:23:22 AM »
    It is against Microsoft copyright and EULA to share those files on this forum.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 7 DVD problems
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 06:34:11 AM »
    Topic Closed.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "