Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microstutter and freezes that only happen in my own house.  (Read 6559 times)

henkiedenk

Re: Microstutter and freezes that only happen in my own house.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 04:46:57 AM »
oke something to go off then. the thing is we already had a technician check it out a couple weeks ago, and he apparently also checked where the earth cables are connected and found no problems.
and he told me the internet here is bad, but thats clearly not the issue. god this is driving me crazy how is this problem unfixable? its actually insane

henkiedenk

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 04:57:45 AM »
originally there were only 2 sockets grounded in the house and all my did did is connect the remaining sockets earth cable to the same spot.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 09:35:18 PM »
Hi again

I think it is worse having a high resistance ground than not having a ground connection. Did the technician disconnect the strap between  the neutral and earth bars on the switch board and then check each socket back to switch board using a Megger. And from the earth bus back to the earth ground. If not then you still could have a problem with the wiring.
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

henkiedenk

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 04:35:26 AM »
the technician said there is a high resistance ground, and i dont know if he tested what you said.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »
Glad we all agree on the problem now you just need to get it fixed  ;D
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »
I wouldn't use the same tech...he shoulda spotted the issue 1st visit if he was any good...

Best of Luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

henkiedenk

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2019, 04:11:22 AM »
So to fix this should i contact the technician again?

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
An electrician should know all this and be able to advise what work needs to be done to make it right. I would be interested to hear the out come.
― John Bunyan

henkiedenk

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 09:24:23 AM »
i was on vacation so i havent contacted the technician.
before i went i used the only socket in the house that isnt grounded at all and see if it made a difference but it didnt.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
This is getting old. To date nobody has inspection the electrical system in the house with the right kind of testers, It some cases the house wiring is so bad that it will cause wide variation in electric power.
This has been documented, but not something that happens to many people.
References.
tools used:
https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Data-Logger-600VAC-DC/dp/B0086A4UJI
https://www.microdaq.com/data-loggers/voltage-current.php
examples:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/voltage-fluctuation
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5242027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPHLxi9qBH8

henkiedenk

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 03:00:46 PM »
Problem im facing here is that i dont have anything to give the technician, the one that was here didnt even understand the problem and probably didnt check that much because of it.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2019, 04:08:54 PM »
One more idea. A workaround. Let's suppose there is an issue with the wires in your home. Rather tying to solve the problem, consider a workaround.

A backup UPS for you PC. This is a battery powered supply that will kick in within a few milliseconds.
Amazon has them, so do most PC supply stores.
Some are under $100 gave have enough spare power to run you PC for twenty minutes. Check and see if you can find one that will work in your region.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 05:19:46 PM »
Problem im facing here is that i dont have anything to give the technician, the one that was here didnt even understand the problem and probably didnt check that much because of it.

Exactly why i suggested hiring someone qualified a few weeks ago...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

henkiedenk

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 03:20:54 AM »
One more idea. A workaround. Let's suppose there is an issue with the wires in your home. Rather tying to solve the problem, consider a workaround.

A backup UPS for you PC. This is a battery powered supply that will kick in within a few milliseconds.
Amazon has them, so do most PC supply stores.
Some are under $100 gave have enough spare power to run you PC for twenty minutes. Check and see if you can find one that will work in your region.
ive tried a UPS but that didnt fix it

henkiedenk

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 06:22:22 AM »
sorry if ive been confusing but this issue has been the bane of my existence for 3 years.
this is a list of all the things i have tried to fix this issue.

in the beginning my pc was mostly used parts except for the brand new 1060 gpu.
-replaced the cpu 2 times
-replaced the psu 3 times
then i replaced everything in the pc with new parts including:
-new motherboard
-new cpu
-new ram
-new hard drive, and then later a new ssd
all that didnt work so i got the gaming PC i used at my moms house (that didnt have any issues) and tried it at my dads house(where i have the issues) it immediately started having the same issues.
from then on i started looking for something external, first i checked if it was internet related but these issues are just clearly not caused by bad internet and they also happened in offline games.
so electricity was the next option, this was already a year or more ago, and my dad told me the sockets werent originally grounded except for the bathroom and the kitchen. i tried using the power from those 2 places but it didnt fix it. my dad himself then connected the ground cables to the sockets in my room, still didnt fix it.
-bought this ups: https://bit.ly/31kX98N  didnt fix the issue
took my pc to a friends house thats pretty close to my house but its not a terraced house like mine is, and i didnt have any issues there.
last thing i did was contact a technician who checked the fuses, the voltage and the recistance of the earth leakage circuit breaker and said the recistance was high but in the marge. and then told me that the town i live in has "internet problems" but didnt find any issues.

this has all happened over a long period so its all a bit vague but hopefull it gives a more clear view of all the things ive tried.