Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sharing a picture of myself from 1996 so I can add it to my work pc desktop pic  (Read 2813 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
This is a picture that was taken by a professional photographer that AB/Rockwell Automation hired to add me to their product catalog in 1996. I was an Electronics Technician there for their Production and Service Department. They gave me the master picture to take home after this and I scanned it in case I would ever lose it. I have no clue where the picture is but I still have the digital copy of it. Was trying to think of a way to getting this picture onto my desktop of my work pc where they dont allow you to go to many websites and you cant bring it in on any media, yet I can access Computer Hope and so here it is.  ;D

In the catalog they photoshopped to remove my "Auto Palace" accidental advertisement. LOL so I just have a white shirt in the catalog.

The slashes on the side of monitor is actually damage to the picture. The clear layer on the picture cracked after 12 years in a mobile home that had big temperature swings of hot & cold and humid & dry and I scanned it in 2008 to have a digital copy of it before it got lost of completely ruined.

The document between the controller and the 286 PC is the build sheet. I had to sign and date and verify serial numbers on all boards. This is the Production Test process where after a 24 hour burn in period where the controller are powered in a 150F room they are brought out and stress tested.

The monitor looks like its off, but its actually on and running DOS 6.0 which the Accel Test Program ran from. Its funny that its been 23 years but if I sat back into that job i could pretty much do it without any troubles after running thousands of the products through the testing. Additionally photographic memory of the schematics that I knew inside and out. But useless info these days because those product lines died many years ago. LOL I was laid off in Fall of 2001 when my job went to Mexico for cheaper labor but I had a good 6 year stretch there from 1995 to 2001 and it set me up for better jobs later.  ;D

Salmon Trout

Here's me in 1998 in Paris, just about to board a train through the Channel Tunnel to London. I don't dress, or wear my hair, like that any more!

yulan

Very nice! I don't have any good photos back in 199x oops
They should had a lot work to do because the t-shirt has many shadows on it

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
Was gonna PM you Salmon, but it said you have a PM Block active. Saw your picture missing from the post from work computer, so its either missing or embedded and blocked by my employers internet filter. Figured I'd mention it in case its actually missing as an attachment. However if its there and embedded it will appear on my home computer tonight.

Successfully added my picture to my background of work PC  8)

Salmon Trout

The picture is hosted on imgbox, the url is between [ img ] [ /img] tags.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
Cool. Tried it from my tablet with hotel wifi next door while out on break and saw picture. Forgot I brought my tablet with me to work. I guess my employer blocks that URL.  8)

Salmon Trout

That shirt! That necktie! That haircut! Oh God!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
 ;D    :P
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "