Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: To many processes and handles [Win 10]  (Read 100254 times)

askme77

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    To many processes and handles [Win 10]
    « on: June 29, 2019, 01:27:52 AM »
    I swear Windows 10 has way more processes than 7. After optimising and disabling most non MS services and programs on startup, and generally disabling most things I can, I still have over 170 processes (>80K handles and 2500 threads) which is lover than my nearly 300 before. Does anyone have any more tips on reducing all of the processes? I have a OC 4.2GHz which sits at around 40% utilisation and that is shocking. It is legit bottlenecking my 970 which is something I never saw coming. (Intel i5 6600K @ 3.5GHz OC to 4.2) I've been using Wise game booster as well as Gigabyte's Game mode to help but it dosen't do much anymore as I've manually disabled most of that.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: To many processes and handles [Win 10]
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »
    Background services are split up into more separate processes now, scaled based on the system's capability.

You would want to identify specifically what processes are using additional CPU. If you cannot see anything specifically allotted to a process, then the CPU time is likely being used by a faulty or bad driver. Audio Drivers, Graphics Drivers, and certain Network Drivers are sometimes responsible for that. Webb browsers and particularly say youtube videos can use up a good amount of CPU time as well, particularly for higher resolutions and/or if hardware acceleration is turned off.

However, I don't think your problem is related to having too many processes and handles. By way of example, Right now, I have 292 Processes, nearly 4K threads, and nearly 250,000 handles, but everything functions normally. and I don't see excessive idle CPU utilization.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

askme77

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:41:30 PM »
      I swear Windows 10 has way more processes than 7. After optimising and disabling most non MS services and programs on startup, and generally disabling most things I can, I still have over 170 processes (>8 xvideos xnxx xxx0K handles and 2500 threads) which is lover than my nearly 300 before. Does anyone have any more tips on reducing all of the processes? I have a OC 4.2GHz which sits at around 40% utilisation and that is shocking. It is legit bottlenecking my 970 which is something I never saw coming. (Intel i5 6600K @ 3.5GHz OC to 4.2) I've been using Wise game booster as well as Gigabyte's Game mode to help but it dosen't do much anymore as I've manually disabled most of that.

my issue got solved!!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 04:48:44 PM »
      Nice of you to share...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "