Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows has disappeared?  (Read 3659 times)

Juliennes

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows has disappeared?
    « on: June 28, 2019, 11:03:50 AM »
    I am fairly computer illiterate so please excuse if these are dumb questions.

Woke up the other day and our desktop computer was frozen and could not open anything.  Tried to restart and got the blue screen saying that  windows could not load and went to the repair screen.  Got the message that it was not able to repair.  I ordered a recovery flash drive from someone on Amazon that had decent reviews so I assume it was a workable product?

When I tried to use the flash drive, it said that It was unable to load but that I could search for drivers.  I have no idea what I would be looking for so that wasn't really an option.

I have tried some online solutions from YouTube videos but none have worked.

It appears that my computer is showing no windows installations.  What could cause this to happen??

This flash drive offers a clean install of windows but you need the product key which I don't think I have.  I thought the windows product key was listed in "computer properties" but it says "product  ID: not available"

I have old recovery disks that I made but I am not sure when I made them or if they are even for this current computer.

I also have a windows upgrade the windows 7 cd with a product code but again, I believe this is from an older computer.

If you have gotten this far and can help at all, I would appreciate it.

Thank you so much.