Internet & Networking > Networking

Attacks Showing in Routers Security Logs

(1/1)

Kellsee:
In the interface of my router within the security logs it is showing constant vecna scans, ping of deaths, SYN floods, UDP floods and storm of death attacks on my WAN IP consistently. It has been for a longtime now. I have even changed routers at different times but still the issues continue. They are coming from very random different ip's. I am assuming they are probably spoofed. I went through a terrible ordeal a few years ago and my privacy was severely violated by a stalker. It was confirmed as legitimate and was a serious offense. It was a very traumatic experience for me. These attacks may actually be normal and expected. But after you have experienced something like what I have it is very hard to ever feel secure again.

On my home network I currently have a PS4, 2 iphones, a Samsung tablet and a roku connected to my internet.

I do have a few very accurate screens shots that I have included. This may be something that is harmless. It could be just between the devices within my local network. I would just like to know its ok if someone could help me. Thanks.

camerongray:
I wouldn't worry about it, any device sitting publicly exposed to the internet (like your router) will constantly get things like this as attackers scan the internet for potentially vulnerable devices.  It's highly unlikely that any of this is targeted, it'll just be wide scans of IP ranges looking for things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version