Hardware > Drivers

Specific failure of Phoenix on Win 10 install

(1/1)

George:
Hi,

I've made legacy bootable installation pendrive for Windows 10, 64 bit. It wouldn't boot on my Samsung 439 laptop. No error message, just no OS is found; my laptop poses a while then moves on and boots from the HDD.

Nonetheless:
This pendrive does boot on another computer;
I can boot all other programs, including Windows 8.1, 64 bit installation on my laptop.

My BIOS is Phoenix SecureCore(tm) NB Version 06UY.M002.20100719.XW, the other computer that booted it showed Bios 4, 5, 6.

How can I install Windows 10 on this laptop?

Thanks a lot.

Lisa_maree:
Hi George,

I would install windows 10 from the setup on the pen drive from within the current version of windows. It will still offer to delete all the files and windows but won't need to boot from the pen drive.
** I would do a full backup first as I don't think you will get windows 10 running on the Laptop properly and may need to go back to Windows 7. I wonder when you get Windows 10 loaded where you are going to get the drivers. I seems the driver support was only to Windows 7 for your laptop.**

Also does the pen drive show up in the hard drive group in the boot menu or are you selecting usb hard drive/ usb dvd  to boot from. It is more likely to work from the Hard drive group.
You haven't checked it booting on another computer perhaps it would be a good idea to do this to the point of where you select the install location.
I take it the laptop is in good condition i.e the memory tests out ok and the hard drive is error free, you don't say if it loads the original windows properly, hence why I ask.   

George:
Hi Lisa_maree,

Yes, I've tried to install from the running Windows 8.1. It starts fine and does everything until it is to reboot, but that's the end of it.

I also tried this pendrive on another computer, boots and starts like an Angel.

My laptop is in good shape, can run Windows 8.1.

I think you are right, the issue is with some device driver, I 'only' need to find which, and if that device has driver for Windows 10 or for Windows 8.1 only.

Lisa_maree:
Hi George

Your Samsung laptop does not have driver support for Windows 10. Load something like classic shell on windows 8.1 for a look and feel like windows 7.
I think that is your only option.
 http://www.classicshell.net/

George:
Hi Lisa_maree,

I've been advised that only my WIFI card was in conflict with Windows 10. I removed this card and installed with no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version