Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a program for "cutting out" parts of YouTube videos  (Read 3073 times)

Ivory

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    a program for "cutting out" parts of YouTube videos
    « on: July 07, 2019, 07:41:04 AM »
    I hope this post finds itself in the correct forum.

What I would like to do is to "cut out" parts of YouTube videos -- parts that document a certain grammatical Spanish principle -- and collect or place all of the cut-out parts into one video of my own.  I already know how to download and save a YouTube video to my computer.

Is there a program available for "cutting out" parts of YouTube videos?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: a program for "cutting out" parts of YouTube videos
    « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 09:32:26 AM »

2x3i5x

Expert
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 01:14:28 PM »
    Can try using avidemux. Have used it before to cut/merge videos (supports avi video and mp4 video among other formats) and works fine. Good Luck

Ivory

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 02:45:15 PM »
      Have you used it to piece together "snips" from other YouTube users' videos?

2x3i5x

Expert
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 08:02:18 PM »
      Have you used it to piece together "snips" from other YouTube users' videos?

Assuming that I understand your question which is that you already have the pieces of videos you want already cut up from the various youtube videos and you just want to merge them into one long video:

you can do the following in avidemux software (and also assuming you want the final video file output format to be mp4):

Code: [Select]
      select video=copy, audio=copy, format=mp4.

Click on File>Open and select 1.mp4 then click on File>Append and select 2.mp4 then 3.mp4 and the rest of your files.

Click on File>Save>Save Video to save your output file and give it a name and extension of mp4 such as [final_file.mp4]

But if you still need help with cutting videos, you can use the tutorial here: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/42107/how-to-quickly-cut-a-clip-from-a-video-file-with-avidemux/

I've never used the Youtube Video Editor so if you want that instead, you'll have to read through the tutorial to see how it does what you want.