Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Black Screen; No Keyboard or Mouse RESPONSE  (Read 8594 times)

DreamyKing

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Black Screen; No Keyboard or Mouse RESPONSE
    « on: July 08, 2019, 08:20:46 AM »
    So I tried to update all my drivers this weekend but when I got to to the Intel CPU driver update and restarted my computer, it would no longer show anything on any of my displays and the keyboard and mouse are unresponsive so I can't put it safe mode to reset. I've cleaned, reseated and reconnected all components and wiring but it still just shows a black screen and the keyboard/mouse remain unresponsive. Everything was working fine before I tried to update it so I know it's not a faulty hardware and I've tried everything in my wheelhouse to fix it but all I've gotten it to do is show a black screen.
    GPU: RX 580
    CPU: Intel i3
    Motherboard: GA-H110m-S2H

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Black Screen; No Keyboard or Mouse RESPONSE
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »
    If the computer still has a PS2 port for keyboard, you can interrupt the boot and get into safemode if its just a driver issue at boot because PS2 support is ready to run prior to USB connectivity on some computers. If your computer doesnt have legacy support for a PS2 connection you will have to interrupt it with a bootable device like a bootable flash drive or a bootable CD or DVD that would give you access to  Mouse/Keyboard use via USB connectivity and then repair the issue that you have going on from an alternately loaded OS.

Do you have the system recovery media that can be created after purchase of a prebuilt computer? If you have this you can boot the media and perform a recovery that keeps your existing data or blows away all data and installs back to a clean state. *Note: If this computer was originally Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 and the driver issue occurred after an upgrade to Windows 10 you may have to install the original OS and then perform the upgrade again to 10 and then avoid the driver update that caused the crash condition.

I have an older laptop for example that will run fine on clean build of Windows 10 which originally was sold with Windows 7 and the touchpad driver that the system wants to update via a later Windows update causes the keyboard to type wrong keystrokes. I have since had to roll back to Windows 7 with it because there is no Windows 10 compatible driver for the touchpad and the fixes online dont help. Additionally if a USB keyboard is attached to my laptop it still types all wrong due to touchpad driver issue.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 05:59:09 PM »
    Why would you update a CPU driver ? ?...Were these "driver updates" from a 3rd party app ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 10:44:57 PM »

Was there any other changes apart from the drivers ? Like a CPU swap ?

These are the steps i would take. testing after each step.
    Remove the RX580 card and try with on board graphics if this works OK then it's not the CPU, motherboard or memory. Windows should still boot using on board graphics.
    If still no display or keyboard lights using onboard graphics then it is likely memory, check this is the correct memory and try removing and inserting the memory 3 or 4 times to clean the contacts. Also check the CPU heat sink is mounted correctly.
    Then try resetting the cmos  setup as explained below :

If the computer still isn't booting can you post some pictures of the system as well as the power supply label
    Thank you 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan