Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Second monitor not detected  (Read 8407 times)

Waingro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Second monitor not detected
    « on: July 09, 2019, 12:51:32 PM »
    Hi,

I'm trying to set up 2 monitors for expanded screen (of the same brand; iiyama), but when I go to the Display / Screen Resolution page, it says 'Another display not detected', after I click on detect. There's a Multiple Displays option just below it: Try to connect anyway on: VGA but that doesn't do anything. My second monitor also says on it "No signal connected", even though its connected with the DVI cable.

I tried both screens independently and they both work, but the two of them can't be detected at the same time. They each have a DVI slot which I wish to use for both of them, along with the 2 slots in my PC. However, I'm open to using another connection if needs be, HDMI, USB etc.

PC Details:
    My graphics/video card is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    My Machine (Motherboard) is: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. - GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
    Operating System: Windows 7
    Memory: 8gb
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
    Monitors: PL2280H
    Hard Disk: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (1.0 TB)

I have Driver Easy PRO and have updated all the drivers that it says are out-of-date. I have also updated my video card to the latest one.

Why doesn't it work? Is it possible to have 2 screens running from DVI connections? I know a splitter only gives you a mirrored screen and I want an extended. Does one have to be HDMI? Even then that doesn't work I've tried. I can't seem to find any solutions on the web and I've looked for hours.

Waingro

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Second monitor not detected
      « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »
      Sorted. I unplugged both monitors whilst the PC was still on. I just used HDMI with the first monitor and plugged that one in first (in the gpu section of the PC), and then I plugged in the DVI cable for the 2nd monitor in the same section. Worked!  :)