Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The pen drive is corrupting the files I put in it. Need help :'(  (Read 2029 times)

Ian Pairat

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
          Hi. Recently, I was able to buy a pen drive. As I plugged it to a computer, it was fine and the computer was able to detect it. Then, I put some files into it, just a document (docx) file and some images that I placed in a folder.
          The time came that I had to plug the pen drive again to another computer for printing. But when I opened the docx file, a small window popped up that said the file might be corrupted, therefore, I wasn't able to print it out.
          Then, I tried to put other files into it, specifically, movies, songs and a presentation (pptx) file. But it's still the same. Those files I put were corrupted.
          Also, the folders I made doesn't disappear when I try to delete it. The files in the folders gets deleted, though. I tried to reformat it but the problem remained.
          Is there any way to fix it? I'm a student and it's really inconvenient. Need some help. Please :'(

Salmon Trout

Re: The pen drive is corrupting the files I put in it. Need help :'(
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 01:18:47 PM »
    Sometimes flash memory dies. Also some pen drives that are sold are fakes, poor quality, factory rejects, etc. You can test a pen drive with software like Checkflash

http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/chkflsh_en

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: The pen drive is corrupting the files I put in it. Need help :'(
    « Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
    Replace it...not worth tryin to figure out whats wrong...

They dont cost alot these days....
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "