Hardware > Hardware

usb problem

(1/2) > >>

viper07:
after installing windows 7 my right side usb port not working but left usb port working how to solve

DaveLembke:
Are both left and right USB ports the same USB speed such as 2.0 or 3.0?

I can see this being an issue if you have USB 2.0 and 3.0 where 2.0 works and 3.0 doesnt because both use a different USB BUS chip and drivers, and so its likely a driver issue where the USB 3.0 driver missing. However if both are USB 2.0 then the issue is likely that the port is bad/damaged etc as they would share the same USB Controller chip and driver. So if both are same speed, its all or nothing working if it was a driver issue with say 2.0 on both ports. So when one and not other and both are same speed, it would point to damaged port or dirty port when its only 1 port that is malfunctioning.

rosbert:
I was told before that Win7 had no support from USB3.0.

viper07:
Acctully my laptop came with windows 8 preinstalled and usb ports working when i installed windows 7 right side usb port not working and yes both are usb 2.0

Lisa_maree:
Hi

Do you have any usb devices like a hard drive  which you can plug in and listen if it is spinning.  If it doesn't spin then there no is power getting to the ports. Test the drive first on the good port.
If the drive isn't spinning try removing the power and main battery for a few minutes this can sometimes rest the thermal fuse.
You could also use something like this DROK Digital Multimeter USB 2.0, Multifunctional Electrical Tester, Capacity Voltage, Current Power Meter Detector Reader with Dual USB Ports. There are other similar units you can get for less than $10.00 at most computer stores or online.

If the drive is spinning but not detected then there is a driver problem can you give some more details of the make and model laptop please. So we can direct you to the drivers. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version