Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is it no longer keeping me logged in to sites?  (Read 2722 times)

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Why is it no longer keeping me logged in to sites?
    « on: July 16, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
    I have windows 8 and my computer has been loading pages slowly.  So I thought I would delete temp files and browser history and cache, hoping it would speed things up.  Which it didn't.  Anyway it use to keep me logged into all the sites I go to like youtube and facebook other sites.  Now when I go to these sites I have to log in every day which is annoying.  Why does it not keep me logged in anymore?  Did I delete something that was keeping me logged into these sites?  Anybody know how that works?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Why is it no longer keeping me logged in to sites?
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:00:13 PM »
    Anyone else using your computer and wiping out your cookies and history on you to hide their surfing or "adult surfing" from you?

There are also settings in the browser on what to do on exit with history and cookies and all to where your browser could be set to purge all this info on exit of browser.

More here:

How can I clear my browsing history on exit?

Updated: 01/24/2018 by Computer Hope

Following the steps in this document causes your Internet browser to delete history upon exiting. Although this may help protect your privacy, it should be noted that it slightly slows down your overall Internet experience because clearing history also deletes cached files and cookies. See our how to clear your Internet browser history page for steps on deleting this data only one time.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001120.htm

rosbert

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Why is it no longer keeping me logged in to sites?
      « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 01:38:32 AM »
      Have you tried resetting your browser or updating it?
      i7 6800k, GTX 1080, 32GB ram | atturo