Hardware > Hardware

Pc under performing please, please help

(1/1)

SargeXa:
Hey, so my pc compared to other builds that are identical, performs so poorly. I just got a gtx 1660 ti today, i installed the drivers, amd ryzen 5 2600, and g skill 8x2 gb ram. all parts only a few months old (other than gpu). The temperate stays cool. My fps compared to other builds, are at least 20 fps worse in every game. I dont know what it is please help. Im about to give up hope.

DaveLembke:
Are others overclocking whereas your running normal clock for everything? I have seen people look at benchmarks before who feel theirs should match but in the end its different because people overclocked their hardware to push for stronger benchmark scores. 20fps could be a 10% overclock. Additionally if you have a low cost main board it can have latent components on it whereas a higher end gaming board isn't so latent which affects the overall performance.

I ran into a surprise with my FX-8350 4Ghz 8-Core build when I wasnt getting the 4.2Ghz Turbo to happen. I ended up finding out that the board I purchased supported the FX-8350, but that Turbo was not available with that motherboard and so because of that my benchmark score was lesser than others because my low cost motherboard lacks Turbo support to get the 4.2Ghz clock and so it runs at 4.0Ghz. The motherboard wasnt returnable and the processor was fast enough as it was so instead of throwing away a healthy working $60 motherboard to then spend $100 more to get 200Mhz more of clock speed out of it with a board that supports the Turbo, I decided to just run it the way it is at 4Ghz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version