Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how do I download messages from android?  (Read 3703 times)

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    how do I download messages from android?
    « on: July 19, 2019, 02:39:17 AM »
    Hi guys, short & sweet, how do I download messages from an android samsung.

This phone is so old it doesnt have an LED but its been a good phone. Its a GT-I9000.

I see ppl display their sometimes funny?? messages, so it can be done, unfortunately I have never needed/done it.

Thank you for any insights you may offer.
    ImnoGuru.
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: how do I download messages from android?
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
    Usually there is a combination of buttons that let's you take a screenshot. If Memory serves my Nexus 6 will take a screen capture if volume down and then the power button is pressed, for example. It varies with different models. According to this That phone uses a similar setup.

Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button (on some devices with physical keys: Homescreen button and Power button) for about 2-4 seconds, in order to take screenshot.

From there you can transfer that image like any other file by connecting the phone via USB to a computer.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
      « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:27:42 AM »
      Thanks BC_Programmer. I'll look around to see if I can find some shortcuts that would suit my Samsung 6.

I tried a copy & paste then send to a second phone. That received ok, now I want to try to somehow download the text as a photo? ( maybe) then copy to my computer. Seems bit long winded though.

I tried to download a couple of programs, syncious & Your phone, to backup the device but I havent worked out how to fly them yet.
      It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      « Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
        « Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
        Certainly worth a look at that soybean. I have google accounts etc & to send & receive using voice could do what I want.

Roaming charges could be a problem for some users though. They can be really scary. ( I've heard.)

Currently I've forwarded the messages to another phone ( just so I have a backup copy of these ones), then  taken  photo of them so I can download it, then copy it to my computer to print out.

I havent worked out an easier way yet & Im time limited to get a hardcopy to send to someone else. ( Its a He said, I said type situation. )
        The app I have is telling me that some apps have refused permissions. I'm thinking to turn them all off & try again.

jett7648

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 12:50:43 AM »
          Download and install Droid Transfer (link below)
          Connect to your Android Device using the steps shown in our Start Guide.
          Click 'Messages' in the features listed in Droid Transfer.
          Select the conversations you wish to save from the recipient list in Droid Transfer.
          Click 'Save PDF'.

ImnoGuru

Topic Starter

Adviser
            « Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 09:12:17 PM »
            Thanks for the info jett7648. That looks simple... We'll see?

So far I sent them to another phone & my daughter... got them out & printed some.. but wow were they large, maybe something to do with the way their printer was setup. So 60 pages, each one a single message.

oh well for right now at least I have a hard copy if I need to use them.

If I need to pursue it I'll try to use Droid transfer & see if I can reduce the amount of paper being used.

jamesharsel

• CitrusBits
            « Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 05:32:04 AM »
            Step 1:Connect Android Phone to pc
            The first thing you need to do is to download and install the Android contacts manager on your pc and launch it. The next is connect your Android phone to pc via usb cable. Your device will appear on the screen. The manager would recognise your android device automatically.

Notice: If this is the first time you connect android phone to the problem on computer, you should enable USB debugging first, and install a USB driver on your computer, then the app would detect your android phone automatically.

Step 2:Select sms and Start Export
            You can find many icon on the left, find "Contacts" and click it, all then go to "SMS", then all sms on your android phone will be listed on the right. Then select and check you want to transfer, at last click "Export" to start the work.

That's all!
            Software Developer At one of the best
            Augmented Reality App Company in San Francisco. Now working on Macular Degeneration Glasses