Other > Other

how do I download messages from android?

(1/2) > >>

ImnoGuru:
Hi guys, short & sweet, how do I download messages from an android samsung.

This phone is so old it doesnt have an LED but its been a good phone. Its a GT-I9000.

I see ppl display their sometimes funny?? messages, so it can be done, unfortunately I have never needed/done it.

Thank you for any insights you may offer.
ImnoGuru.

BC_Programmer:
Usually there is a combination of buttons that let's you take a screenshot. If Memory serves my Nexus 6 will take a screen capture if volume down and then the power button is pressed, for example. It varies with different models. According to this That phone uses a similar setup.

--- Quote ---Press and hold Power button and Volume Down button (on some devices with physical keys: Homescreen button and Power button) for about 2-4 seconds, in order to take screenshot.

--- End quote ---

From there you can transfer that image like any other file by connecting the phone via USB to a computer.

ImnoGuru:
Thanks BC_Programmer. I'll look around to see if I can find some shortcuts that would suit my Samsung 6.

I tried a copy & paste then send to a second phone. That received ok, now I want to try to somehow download the text as a photo? ( maybe) then copy to my computer. Seems bit long winded though.

I tried to download a couple of programs, syncious & Your phone, to backup the device but I havent worked out how to fly them yet.

soybean:
This might worth looking into: Send and receive text messages - Computer - Google Voice Help

ImnoGuru:
Certainly worth a look at that soybean. I have google accounts etc & to send & receive using voice could do what I want.

Roaming charges could be a problem for some users though. They can be really scary. ( I've heard.)

Currently I've forwarded the messages to another phone ( just so I have a backup copy of these ones), then  taken  photo of them so I can download it, then copy it to my computer to print out.

I havent worked out an easier way yet & Im time limited to get a hardcopy to send to someone else. ( Its a He said, I said type situation. )
The app I have is telling me that some apps have refused permissions. I'm thinking to turn them all off & try again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version