Hardware > Hardware

Horizontal flickering ghosting line on monitor

(1/1)

iosman:
Hi,

I have just installed a new (to me) monitor: an LG775N and installed the drivers that came with it.

Unfortunately I have multiple ghost lines running horizontally across the screen and ghosting off the desktop icons and the mouse pointer. These flicker slightly and seem to get worse as the monitor is switched on and off several times.

I have installed the latest drivers for my gaphics card and checked the screen refresh rate which is set to optimum.

PC specs:

Processor

20GB Hard disk,
Display LG775N Drivers installed

Graphics
Intel 82815 Graphics controller
V 4.0 (latest) software

Windows 98 SE
128 Ram

1Ghz celeron processor

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is it the monitor's power supply?

thanks
iosman

Lisa_maree:
Yes it is the monitors power supply . As it is really old CRT and the there is life treating voltages inside you need to refer the repair to a qualified technician.

iosman:

--- Quote from: iosman on July 20, 2019, 05:46:19 AM ---Hi,

I have just installed a new (to me) monitor: an LG775N and installed the drivers that came with it.

Unfortunately I have multiple ghost lines running horizontally across the screen and ghosting off the desktop icons and the mouse pointer. These flicker slightly and seem to get worse as the monitor is switched on and off several times . . .

I have installed the latest drivers for my gaphics card and checked the screen refresh rate which is set to optimum.

PC specs:

Processor

20GB Hard disk,
Display LG775N Drivers installed

Graphics
Intel 82815 Graphics controller
V 4.0 (latest) software

Windows 98 SE
128 Ram

1Ghz celeron processor

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is it the monitor's power supply?

thanks
iosman

--- End quote ---

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version