Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: YouTube vid runs fine, yet a download to the PC at the same time fails  (Read 2616 times)

HarleyQuinn420

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    So before bed me and my man have a 12 hour rain vid queued up for the night to help us sleep, and a download from a launcher ( that needs to be on there for the game to run properly ) to the PC only for it to fail halfway through the night. hes never had an issue with failed updates or downloads going throughout the night and suddenly its happened to 3 different games now. whats going on?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Some games when idle for too long will log you out of their service. So thats one possibility.
    Some ISP's perform maintenance late night/early AM and it can interrupt an internet connection causing update to fail.
    In Power Properties I would be sure that your computer isnt going to sleep on you as your sleeping and interrupting the update as a result of the computer nodding off as well.