Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: don't know if this is the right place?  (Read 2312 times)

taybtwttv

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    don't know if this is the right place?
    « on: July 28, 2019, 04:37:05 PM »
    hi so after i launched fortnite my right monitor went black and said no signal and my left monitor turns like dark grey. i can still hear discord in the background but i cant do anything. i opened minecraft and was on for maybe a minute and the same thing happened. my cords all should work fine theyre all plugged in and everything. i think my drivers are up to date but im kinda clueless when it comes to this stuff so if someone could talk me through how to fix this that'd be great. specs copied from best buy that's where i got this last fall Windows 10 operating system 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8700 processor 16GB system memory 1TB hard drive and 120GB solid state drive (SSD) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics 16 gig ram 3.2 gigahertz processor

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: don't know if this is the right place?
    « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 07:01:33 PM »
    Hi
    Sorry to hear you are having a problem with this high spec computer. The most likely cause of the problem is the hard drive is running short of space.

Here is a link to show you how to check hard drive space https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-check-free-space-hard-disk

For smooth operation you need about 20 GB free minimum. 

Let us know if this is the possible problem  if not there is other suggestions we can make.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: don't know if this is the right place?
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 02:14:46 PM »
    As far as GPU driver I would make sure you have the hardened version installed and not a beta version. A driver that ends in WHQL and listed as " Game Ready " is usually a safe driver to use that is hardened as its been thoroughly tested.

There is a version 431.60 that I would update to, as for if you have an older version with a bug there would be a bug fix in this driver for it: https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Enter the information as seen in screenshot into the selection for manual driver selection and download and install 431.60 from nvidia is my suggestion.