Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Google Drive  (Read 4011 times)

nds

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Google Drive
    « on: July 18, 2019, 01:45:50 PM »
    GOOGLE DRIVE QUESTION: For certain files that I try to access via File Explorer (mapped Google Drive) I get an access denied error and the files seems to not even exist at all when i try to access it, even though the file name is listed. However, if I go to Google Drive via Google Chrome and access the file, I have no problem at all. After that, if I return to File Explorer, I now have access to the file. How can I fix this for many files without access each one individually?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Google Drive
    « Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 07:04:05 PM »
    Uninstall the Google Drive software and install fresh after a reboot. It will force the system to create a new index for all files and this should fix it.

I ran into a similar issue with a laptop that I had where somehow the index got messed up a few months ago. Uninstalling the software and reinstalling it forced my computer to create a new index to the files at Google at my 15GB of cloud storage. I am not aware of any repair method other than removal of the Google drive from system and reinstall of Google Drive Software.

Be sure to back up your data that is locally at your computer's Google Drive local storage to an external drive or to another area of the C: drive to protect from data loss through this process as it deconstructs the local Google Drive folder and for if my memory is correct, it wipes the data from this location as part of the uninstall.

When you install the Google Drive software again, I would have it sync the data from the cloud to the C: drive ( assuming you have plenty of free space on the C: drive ). This means the data is all downloaded from Googles Google Drive to your local computer, so it downloads everything to make a the local drive space match that of what you have on the cloud.

nds

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »
       :) This worked, thank you. It took me a while to get up the nerve to delete Google Drive but I finally did and it went pretty good.  In the process I "unlinked" my Google Mail from Outlook which was a pain to redo, but i got through it.  Thanks Again.

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »
      Awesome!  :)