Microsoft > Windows Vista and 7

windows 7 - blue screen - memory issue

(1/3) > >>

810311:
Hello,

I was using Google Chrome and all of a sudden it stopped working and I received blue screen message saying "Beginning dump of physical memory".

I tried restarting my computer and it seems working now but I don't know for how long...

Please advise if anything should be done to prevent any further issues.

Thank you

DaveLembke:
Memtest86 should be run to determine if the RAM is healthy.

Crystaldiskinfo can be used to look at S.M.A.R.T data of the Hard Drive or SSD health to detect if that is the cause. *A drive can be the cause because of how virtual memory aka paging uses the drives available free space as temporary storage of information to help the system RAM handle more information than that of the memory capacity of the system. So if a drive is not healthy it can store binary data wrong and when read back by the system cause a crash like you had.

Other possible cause for this would be a bad driver or something else that has a flaw in its design or is corrupted which gets to its breaking point and then crashes system.

A hardware issue could also be happening with say a video card which shares memory with system memory and causes the memory crash.

Look in the Windows event logs to see if there are any errors to share with us that were recent to the crash condition. There are time stamps and sometimes windows senses something isnt quite right before the crash such as a failing hard drive can have a bunch of delayed.write errors in the event logs.

Lastly be sure chrome is the latest version and no updates needed. If out of data run the update to run on the latest version of it which may be patched for a prior flaw that your experiencing.

810311:
Thanks for the quick response DaveLembke.

I've checked Windows event logs between August 1,2019 - August 4,2019. Following are events that happened.

The transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error during recovery.  The resource manager will continue recovery. (NTFS)

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. (Kernel Power)

The server service was unable to recreate the share My Apps because the directory C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\Library\My Apps no longer exists.  Please run "net share My Apps /delete" to delete the share, or recreate the directory C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\Library\My Apps. (Server)

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications. (Winnit)

WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully stopped. (WLAN AutoConfig)

Name resolution for the name wpad.home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. (DNS Client Events)

Please let me know if I should download and run Memtest86 and Crystaldiskinfo tools.

patio:
Forget MemTest... it aint RAM...your HDD is headed South.
Run the manuf diagnostics to confirm...

810311:
how do I run manuf diagnostics ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version