Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ALL-IN-ONE type of laptop  (Read 2681 times)

Naruto

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Expert
    ALL-IN-ONE type of laptop
    « on: August 07, 2019, 11:59:12 PM »
    Hi guys,
    I am sort of an advance user or nearly advance but not an expert or guru... I want to have an ALL-IN-ONE type of laptop with super high specs. This laptop, should it be windows base? Or Mack book pro type???
    This laptop could do the following:
    1.   Gaming, heavy graphics
    2.   Audio and video editing
    3.   Should have high storage not less than one TB, highest possible RAM and graphics
    4.   Besutiful design and layout
    5.   And most impoetantly, can dual boot windows 10 and Mac OS (latest) and even linux (triple boot) like giving on: How to Triple Boot Windows 10, Hackintosh OSX Yosemite and Ubuntu at the following link
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN8VIZM7lCQ
    I do not want to use virtual box or firmware etc... Like one OS at a time that can use full resources of the machine, and I have to choose at the time of boot which OS I want to use.
    Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: ALL-IN-ONE type of laptop
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
    You have to have a Mac to run the Apple iOS.

Naruto

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 04:40:51 AM »
      You have to have a Mac to run the Apple iOS.

True, but there are windows laptops and desktop PCs out there in the market in which one can install both Windows and Mac OS (dual boot) and vice vera, i.e. Apple laptops (Mack book pro and iMac) can be used to dual boot both Windows 10 and mac OS. Perhaps u didn't understand my question. Which option is better? Former or later? and why?

camerongray

Expert
        • Yes
        • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
      « Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 05:34:19 PM »
      Running MacOS on a PC is not an officially supported solution and is technically in violation of the Apple EULA.  It can work but it's not guaranteed to be stable, can take a lot of work to get it going/keep it running and could run into legal issues if used in any sort of business environment.  If you need to run MacOS and need it to be stable then I'd strongly recommend an official Apple machine.

That said probably worth thinking if you do indeed need all OSs for any reason beyond "just because I can" - For example, for me I can do almost everything I need under MacOS. There's maybe one or two Windows only applications I use however I need to use them maybe at most once a month and since they are so low in terms of resource usage I just use a Windows virtual machine which has the added benefit of not requiring a reboot.

Naruto

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 02:36:02 PM »
        Thank you camerongray!
        Thing is I am doctor and Radiology is my specialty. I am mostly Windows User. Not familiar with and not comfortable with Mac OS. Its just windows is so much user friendly... But there is a software that is much more advanced "OsiriX DICOM Viewer". It is Mac OS only running software. There is no counter part of this software for windows. So, I kind of need both OSs in a single machine.
        Thanks
        Running MacOS on a PC is not an officially supported solution and is technically in violation of the Apple EULA.  It can work but it's not guaranteed to be stable, can take a lot of work to get it going/keep it running and could run into legal issues if used in any sort of business environment.  If you need to run MacOS and need it to be stable then I'd strongly recommend an official Apple machine.

That said probably worth thinking if you do indeed need all OSs for any reason beyond "just because I can" - For example, for me I can do almost everything I need under MacOS. There's maybe one or two Windows only applications I use however I need to use them maybe at most once a month and since they are so low in terms of resource usage I just use a Windows virtual machine which has the added benefit of not requiring a reboot.

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        « Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 04:09:49 AM »
        In any sort of medical setting I'd use nothing other than an official Apple machine for running MacOS, there's no way I'd be comfortable running some sort of hackintosh or other unsupported configuration in a safety critical environment.

Depending on what you are using the machine for outside of that specific application, you could probably pretty easily get by by using just MacOS on it, I imagine the usability difference you're finding is purely because you're used to Windows, once you get used to MacOS it's pretty easy.  In fact, I find the hardest part about using MacOS is regularly switching between it and Windows.  It's totally possible to dual boot a Mac with Windows (although bear in mind to factor in the additional cost of a Windows licence) but it may be more hassle than it's worth having to manage sharing data between the two OSs.etc

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        « Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 11:24:11 AM »
        I agree with Camerongray.  8)