Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 2580 times)

promix

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Windows 10
    « on: August 09, 2019, 02:36:33 AM »

Hello,

I am having an issue with Windows remote assistance. From a PC running Windows 7 Pro, I offer a remote assistance request to Windows 10 Pro PC. The Windows 10 PC receives the request and can accept it. After it has been accepted I can see the Windows 10 desktop with no issues but when I click the "Request Control" button the Windows 10 machine never has a dialog box pop up for them to allow them to give control to me.

When I do this from all of our other systems there are no issues, which are all running Windows 7. The Windows 10 machine is a surface pro 3 or 4. I have already configured Policies > Administrative Templates > System > Remote Assistance > Enable Configure Offer Remote Assistance to include my domain admins group. Windows firewall is also disabled at the moment.

I am wondering if anyone has seen this issue before or has any ideas that might help me.

Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Windows 10
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
    Have you reinstalled the OS clean to the Windows 7 system and tried again to see if its just able to be easily corrected with a fresh install?

Other Windows 7 systems fine and this one not, I'd go the simple route of a clean install to see if that corrects this.