Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer won't start-disk drive light on  (Read 2427 times)

iosman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    computer won't start-disk drive light on
    « on: August 22, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »
    Hello,

i come home from a camping trip today only to find my computer completely turned off. i left it on over night but today it was all off including the power strip. this leads me to believe someone in my family was on it.

no big deal. i start to boot it up again but i can't get anything to work. the monitor doesn't get a signal from the computer (light on moni = amber) and it doesnt sound like my system is posting at all. upon further investigation i see that my cd-rw light is always on green.

there weren't any lightning strikes last night in my area and my computer has been fine being kept on over night before.  mobo light stays on and all power is fed properly.  what i think is causing the hanging is related to the CDRW light staying on constantly.

it is my understanding that this could be the tell-tale sign of my problem but what do you think? what does a constant light on teh disk drive mean? any fixes?

thanks
    iosman
    « Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:11:50 PM by patio »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: computer won't start-disk drive light on
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "