Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cd playing  (Read 2218 times)

Guzeppi

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Certifications: List
    • Experience: Beginner
    Cd playing
    « on: August 11, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
    Can anyone, please, suggest a step-by-step method for playing a cd in Windows 10?

Preferably, not a video, please, as I find it hard to follow them.

Many thanks in advance.

JOE BUSUTTIL
    GUZEPPI

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cd playing
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »
    Windows 10 should have the  windows media player built into it by default.

If you type Windows Media Player into the search at bottom left it should give you an option to launch Windows Media Player. With Windows Media Player open you can select your audio CD and play it.

I added a screenshot showing where to type that search for the app circled in red. Then click on the Windows Media Player that I show circled in green.

yulan

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:36:02 AM »
    I am currently in Windows 10, I know what you mean, so many changes here I can see. The new system use a new thing to play videos called "video and tv", there is no shortcut of it in Start menu, or it cannot be located in harddisk at least I cannot find it, if anyone can make a shortcut to it, please tell me too. So, doing all the typing and search each time is too uneasy, I found or discovered a tricky way to be easier, this is what I do:

First, try to open a folder, any folder, you can do it by clicking on the yellow icon in Taskbar to the bottom of screen, you will see a "arrow up", click on it will exit one directory level, eventually you will get to a window showing all devices and drives (yeah), there you can right click the CD drive and select "Play" but this is not what I mean, I mean you do it every time will also be uneasy, "up" one more level, here you should see many things such as OneDrive, network, recycle bin etc. and mostly importantly the "my computer" or "this machine" whatever it's called, make a shortcut of it to the desktop (just drag it out the desktop, you cannot make a copy of it anyway, only create shortcut is allowed), now this is what I mean, I can have all the drives accessed or viewed easily, and right click to play it or open it, like the old easy way.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »
    feel free to ignore the above post.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 03:49:17 PM »
    Why ? ?...it's only 8 steps to play a CD ...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "