Microsoft > Windows 10 and 11

Yeah, updating!

(1/2) > >>

debby:
Some time ago I told you guys about this update Microsoft Windows 10 wants to do, it will change the way I use my computer!  It will make it easier to navigate, better security, etc.  You guys were not too familiar with it.  Now I see the people are doing it and it is crashing their machines.  I just got a new notice on it (well, every day for the past week) and it says:  Support for the Windows 10 April 2018 update ends in November 2019.  Restart and install the newest version of Windows to get the latest security updates and support.

Do it or not?  I left my computer on yesterday and at about 7:30 I went on to see email.  They had already started the update.  It said do not cut your computer off.  Well, I cut my computer off.  When I restarted it, the message was they were removing any changes made on my computer, then it started just fine.  I see where Computer Hope has some questions about this. So do I.

Thanks!
Debby

BC_Programmer:
Windows 10 1809 Support ends in November.

1903 is the current version. The reason "You guys were not too familiar with it." is probably two reasons: Either we had already updated long before Windows 10 decided to nag and babble about it's marketing nonsense, or, if we decided not to update, we'd disabled it such that it wasn't able to show annoying update nags.

Really, If you are perfectly willing to shut off your PC *during an update* than I don't see what risks you are avoiding. Nothing an Update could do is likely to be worse than the possibilities that come with turning the PC off during an update.

It's pretty much exactly the same as previous versions with only minor differences. What you are doing here is sort of like if you saw on a tupperware container that it said it was going to "change the way you live your life" and you weren't sure if you wanted to buy it because you weren't ready for that level of commitment. It's basically just marketing speak so needs to be regarded as such.

2x3i5x:
Read somewhere that if you're still using windows 1809 or older version of windows, then soon if you do nothing, then windows will automatically feed you the 1903 update when it 'thinks' you've been on the old version for too long.

A risk you must take I guess.

debby:
Where do I go to find what version I am using....y'all know I don't know computers!

debby:
I found it, I found it!!!!  I have Version 11.706.17134.0, Updated Version 11.0.120

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version