Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What else could cause slow loading pages and video streaming issues?  (Read 2574 times)

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    I don't understand why my computer loads pages slowly and doesn't want to stream longer videos (like movies).  It will play the audio of the videos but the images keep freezing up.  I have 6 gigs of RAM so that should be plenty.  My last computer only had 4 gigs and I didn't have this problem with that computer.  There doesn't seem to be any programs or apps running in the background.  I have tried different browsers and it doesn't make a difference, so it's not the browser.  I have also deleted browser cache and cookies and even tried closing all but one window.  Didn't help.  I tested my download speed and it said 44 gigabytes per second, so that should be fine.  What am I missing?  What else could cause slow loading pages and video streaming issues? 

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: What else could cause slow loading pages and video streaming issues?
      « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:14:54 PM »
      I tested my memory with Windows memory diagnostic and it found no errors.  If any of my six gigs of RAM weren't working properly it would have showed an error right?

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
        Today my monitor went black for a second and then came back on.  A message said my AMD display drivers stopped working for a second, then it fixed itself.  I've never gotten such a message before, but could it be the display drivers causing my slow loading pages and video streaming issues?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »
        Yes.
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 07:57:50 PM »
          I checked for an updated graphics driver at AMD's website and they don't seem to have one.  Mine is an AMD Radeon HD 7340.  They have other AMD Radeon HD's, but not one for 7340.  Am I screwed?  Does that mean there is no way to update my graphics driver?  I assume a graphics driver is the same thing as a display driver right?

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:35 PM »
          If it were me i would revert back to the original drivers that shipped with the card and see if that helps the issue...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »
            I don't have the original drivers, somebody gave me this computer.  Unless that is the original drivers.