Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: suddenly it automatically switch off.  (Read 2789 times)

iosman

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    suddenly it automatically switch off.
    « on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:01 AM »
    Hello,

1st i'm sorry coz my english not so good..

my desktop pc... when i switch on it... and about 5-7 second it suddenly shut off by it self..

i ve checked the power supply...and i cant find the problem..i thought it might be my power suply blow out..

can somebody plz help me to settle tis problem>?.. i'm stuck wit tis bout couples of weeks.. and know i'm using my sis laptop.

thanks
    iosman

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: suddenly it automatically switch off.
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 04:51:57 PM »
    Does the CPU Fan Spin at boot or is it not moving? If a CPU fan doesnt spin when it expects it to, it will shut off to avoid a melt down of the CPU.

If this is a desktop computer:
    And not the CPU Fan then I'd say try swapping the power supply with a known good power supply or brand new one

If its a laptop computer:
    And not the CPU Fan then I'd say remove the battery from the laptop and see if you can get it to boot on just the external power brick connected to wall power and laptop. If it still doesnt boot then verify that there is a power LED lighting when its plugged in in a power off state. If no LED lights when plugged in and laptop off then it could be damaged power jack on laptop or you need to replace the power brick ( aka laptop power supply ).

If removing the battery and powering off the power brick ( power supply ) is successful then the laptop battery is pulling down the power to the laptop and the battery is likely bad and needs to be replaced or laptop is to be run without battery. *Personally I dont like running laptops without a healthy battery as for power interruption can crash the laptop if there is no battery to switch over to quickly to keep it running.

iosman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »
      Hello,

my desktop pc... when i switch on it... and about 5-7 second it suddenly shut off by it self..

i ve checked the power supply...and i cant find the problem..i thought it might be my power suply blow out.

can somebody plz help me to settle tis problem>?.. i'm stuck wit tis bout couples of weeks.. and know i'm using my sis laptop.

thanks
      iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »
      No need to Quote your own Post...

Care to share what it was ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

iosman

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »
        Hello,

i ve checked the power supply...and i cant find the problem.. 500error I thought it might be my power suply blow out..

thanks
        iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »
         ::)      ::)
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "