Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Xfinity Data Usage is an rip off and a Scam.  (Read 2288 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Xfinity Data Usage is an rip off and a Scam.
« on: August 28, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
The subject line above says it all. And it is not new. Just new to me. >:(
The CNN link below is for 2016.

Comcast hit with FCC's biggest cable fine

The company agreed to pay a $2.3 million civil penalty and to submit to a "compliance plan," in which regulators will monitor Comcast for the next five years to ensure it cleans up its act.

"It is basic that a cable bill should include charges only for services and equipment ordered by the customer -- nothing more and nothing less," Travis LeBlanc, chief of the FCC's Enforcement Bureau, said in a statement.
It is still going on. They say I use over a terabyte for three months.
Others have posted elsewhere stories like mine. Here is one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/8zksmf/xfinity_data_usage_is_an_rip_off_and_a_scam_why/
I am having a very similar issue , mine has been going on for 1 1/2 years , it started in January 2017 about the time the data cap came to my area in San Mateo County. All the kids are out of the house and for awhile it was just me . I clocked using as much a 3500 tb in one month, which was crazy for one person , I would have to downloading streaming etc 24/7 , which none of the above was happing , the most usage was maybe at the most 2 to 4 hours times 3-4 times a week , watching only Netflix or Hulu, no gaming or downloading . I was in constant contact with Comcast CS , did all the changes they . suggested like user name password , no one else in the family or friends were using my credentials . After a few months I got frustrated and gave in to ...
I live in Northern California in a small town that does not have much in the way of a competitive service.
The alternative is to use cellular data, which is expensive here.  :(