Hardware > Drivers

Windows 7 downgrade need USB drivers

(1/1)

xeriousone:
Since I have just gotten a new Windows 10 home computer and rediscovered my hate for windows 10 I tried to install Windows 7.  When I installed it I ended up stalled at the point where windows is installed but I need a keyboard and/or mouse to proceed (at the point it is asking location/language etc.).
I need to know which drivers I need to add before installation...  My new PC is as follows:
ABS Mage E - Ryzen 5 2600 - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 16GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD - Gaming Desktop PC
Further breakdown (not 100% certain what you might need so posting everthing): Ryzen 5 2nd Gen - CPU Speed: 2600 (3.40 GHz) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - Memory Capacity: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz - SSD: 512 GB - Processor Main Features 64 bit 6-Core Processor - Chipset AMD A320 - Rear USB 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Supports ESD Protection) 2 x USB 2.0 (Supports ESD Protection)

Once I can get online I can update everything else but I don't have a PS/2 keyboard/mouse and there is only 1 split port for both peripherals.

BC_Programmer:
If you plug a USB Keyboard and/or mouse into the USB 2.0 ports, you should be able to proceed through the installation.

Alternatively, the "split port" you mention I suspect is a PS/2 Port, in which case if you have a PS/2 Keyboard you should be able to proceed as well, (by navigating through the Windows install via the keyboard.)

Lisa_maree:
I hope you kept a copy of the windows 10,  as i doubt you will have a very stable computer running Windows 7 with the CPU and graphics card you have. I recommend sticking with Windows 10 it is fast and supports all your computer parts  :)

xeriousone:

--- Quote from: BC_Programmer on August 31, 2019, 06:37:39 AM ---If you plug a USB Keyboard and/or mouse into the USB 2.0 ports, you should be able to proceed through the installation.

Alternatively, the "split port" you mention I suspect is a PS/2 Port, in which case if you have a PS/2 Keyboard you should be able to proceed as well, (by navigating through the Windows install via the keyboard.)

--- End quote ---
My Mouse and keyboard were plugged in the USB 2.0 ports beside the PS/2 port (clearly placed to support keyboard and mouse by general location).
As to the PS/2 port...  I haven't owned a PS/2 mouse or keyboard for a very long time and threw out my usb to PS/2 converter about a year ago.  This will become my final solution when a new converter arrives sometime in the next 2 weeks.

--- Quote from: Lisa_maree on August 31, 2019, 04:51:05 PM ---I hope you kept a copy of the windows 10,  as i doubt you will have a very stable computer running Windows 7 with the CPU and graphics card you have. I recommend sticking with Windows 10 it is fast and supports all your computer parts  :)

--- End quote ---
I have not "deleted" Windows 10, nor will I.  I plan on installing Windows 7 on a dual boot system with Windows 10 so I can make minor changes to things Windows 10 no longer allows.  If this fails, I do have further options involving a full reformat and reinstall but this is a last resort as I have memory issues and may forget that item 12 out of 20 has to be attached after items 1 to 11 in correct order followed by items 13 to 20 in correct order (I am giving 20 as a random number since I don't want to try and count the actual number of items I need to connect)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version