Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uploading/Sending file to my domain  (Read 3588 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Uploading/Sending file to my domain
    « on: September 03, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »
    Hi!

I'm user of Windows 10.1903 x64 Pro.
    I need to upload/send file to my domain to access it by webbrowser in my phone (Windows 10 Mobile).
    I know how to send file to OneDrive - but don't know how to open file in OneDrive in phone by webbrowser.

Other way is to upload file to my domain.
    But here I'm lost - I know that FTP can do it.
    But I need to automate it for updating file. I don't know if is it possible other way than BAT or CMD.
    In command line I know that command for FTP there is. But really really understand it not.
    Even - still it is maybe easiest way.

Can anybody explain me FTP in command line to use it in batch or how to open file from OneDrive in Windows Mobile Edge browser?
    For FTP I can for better understanding leave here option examples (not real, only for understanding).
    User: mksft
    Password: blby
    domain: domena.cz
    file: index.html
    or it needs anything more?

Thank you for help, reply or comments.
    Miro

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Uploading/Sending file to my domain
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »
    There are many FTP clients for Windows. And you can even do FTP from the command line. But I don't like it very much. The FTP clients have some options for command line tings, so you can do BAT foes that call the FTP program.
    Some nice FTP tools:
    FileZilla.
    Cyberduck.
    FireFTP.
    Classic FTP.
    WinSCP.

I like Cyber duck. https://cyberduck.io/
    Cyberduck is a libre server and cloud storage browser for Mac and Windows with support for FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift, Backblaze B2, Microsoft Azure & OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox.
    Notice that it has support for cloud service.   ;D

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »
      Ok, understand.

If can I have choice I do this: use native Windows FTP command to avoid using 3rd party products. I need not cloud services, I own my domain with webhosting with all features.
      What I know not and realy not yet understand is how to use FTP in command line - I need any example with mentioned parameters.

Really syntax is maybe looking clear from help, but for me is unclear how to enter username/password/domain etc.  without any popup dialog "Enter password" or any message like "Incorrect username/password".

If anyone of you can explain it me with using entered data, I'm thankful.
      Miro

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 07:16:21 PM »
      What is wrong with third party software?
      Here are Windows FTP commands:
      https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001246.htm
      And Linux also:
      https://www.computerhope.com/unix/ftp.htm

Notice that in either case the security level is low. Your firewall might stop simple FTP transfers.  If this is new to you, you need to spend some time using a standard FTP program to understand how it works.  Not all systems use the same protocol. On of the thugs a program like Cyber duck does is find out whet protocol is needed.

There at least two dozen protocols I am aware of.  :(