Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

What do you think about Windows XP

Absolutely the best OS I've ever seen and used
11 (15.9%)
My favourite OS, even with the small bugs
10 (14.5%)
Doesn't matter to me it just needs to work
6 (8.7%)
Oh man all the bugs, when's the next update?
3 (4.3%)
I HATE this OS, I only use, because I have to !!
16 (23.2%)
I destroyed my computer, because of it >:-( !!
2 (2.9%)
I'd rather buy Linux/Unix !
5 (7.2%)
I'd rather buy Macintosh !
16 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Buy Mac ??  (Read 21225 times)

jackpkmn

Re: Buy Mac ??
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »
I say mac is AN answer not THE answer. Depends on what you need to use it for. Use PCs for buisness applications and mass production. Also the fact that you can get 100 PC clones for 2000$ is highly apealing to buisness as they are fast and reliable for buisness applications. Howeve on the coplete opsit side of the problem if you need awsom multimeda or grafics workings then you want a mac. Because of the wider range of displayable colors and more powerfull mbut not as fast grafix prosceing makes them ideal for grafics working. Gameing on computers is still a contraversioal issue but so fart PCs have been the top of the game. Although I hate to admit it PCs boast faster grafix proscsing and lower prices as well as more games. Allthough Macs can stand up in preformance to PCs for games they are quite expensive. So when chooseing between Mac and PC it comes down to what you want to do with it.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
    « Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »
    ive used windows since i was 8( almost 10 years) and i used mac for 4 years i have troubleshooted both platforms at my high school and for friends and family. i only like macs for video editing( which i got up to advanced in).. so i still go w/ pc just because i grow up with pc..

i know im really late on this topic but i want to say this

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 06:22:40 PM »
    Yes, only over a month late.

zzaio

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 05:28:41 PM »
    I've used both Windows machines and Macs for many, many years.  I always prefer Macs.  I use PC's only when I have to because of application requirements.  I have 3 macs at home, I've used many Macs over the years at work, as well as PC's.  Macs are a hellof more enjoyable to use, are way more stable than windows machines.  I think they always have been, and this is more so now with OS X.  It is hands down the best, most stable OS i've used.  

Until MicroSoft drops their backwards compatibility requirments, Windows will never be a well designed OS.  Backwards compatibility is just to restrictive to allow good design.  In my opinion, Apple has the better solution:  Building a completely new OS, and emulating OS 9 for running old applciations.

I don't  have experience with the new Intel powered Macs, my newest is a 17 in PowerBook G4.

I do own Virtual PC, but it is quite slow/weak.  Microsoft Office for Mac is better than Office for PC, however.

I think the only downside of macs is the cost premium.  But the quality of the Hardware, OS, and software justifies the higher cost for serious users.  My time is worth too much to muck around with Windows configurations all of the time.

Hope this helps,

Daniel