Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Background problem  (Read 3472 times)

baldy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Background problem
    « on: September 07, 2019, 08:08:01 AM »
    Hi
     I've just updated Windows 10 to 1903 causing an odd problem - when started the screen shows background picture slideshow with all my icons - so far OK
    select a browser and then a website - OK

here's where it gets weird - if I am just reading the webpage without keystroke or mouse input for a few minutes the screen will suddenly revert to background picture(s) with NO icons or taskbar - just the background

I can restore the webpage and icons by a keystroke or mouse movement but still a major irritation - does anyone know what causes this and how it can be cured - I've no malware or virus problems

any help would be appreciated

baldy

lostcoast

Hopeful
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Background problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:12:33 AM »
    Try changing the Theme and see if it happens.  Display settings / personalize ..
    I am  Moderator of Computerhope Chat, for live help and assistance please use/click Free Help in the upper forum toolbar.

baldy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: Background problem
      « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:29:19 AM »
      Hi lostcoast

thanks for your reply - yes I've tried that - even with no picture just colour and without a webpage - same result so I've gone back to 1809 - I may try again in future

thanks again

baldy