Microsoft > Windows 10 and 11

Disable beep when running gmail in google chrome

(1/1)

billd6:
When I'm running gmail in google chrome, I get a beep every time an email arrives. I've searched in vain but can't find how to turn off this notification. I don't know if it's coming from chrome, gmail or windows.

:-\  >:(

kburra:
Click the Chrome menu button in Google Chrome and choose "Settings" from the menu. Click "Extensions" in the navigation pane to view all extensions installed in Chrome. Click the "Enabled" check box to the right of the Chrome Sounds extension to disable it.

billd6:
Thanks for input but when I opened extensions in Chrome I didn't see a Chrome Sounds Extension which is odd as that should be something you wouldn't have to add. Sound must be coming from somewhere else.   >:( >:( >:(.  ??? ??? ???

Geek-9pm:
Here is a link that might solve  your problem.  :D
How to Add a New Mail Sound for Gmail

--- Quote ---When you are on Gmail.com, new messages don't trigger a sound notification. There are a couple of ways you can go about getting a Gmail notification sound, but the method you choose depends on how you access your mail.
--- End quote ---
The above author claims somebody has to add the sound to the settings. It is not on by default. The sound might be coming from a mail client your are using.
Also, look at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXzp3MPBlyU
Does that help?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version