Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Distorted sound  (Read 2876 times)

CyberLuka

Distorted sound
« on: September 20, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »
Today i started my computer, everything was fine. Until i tried to play something at youtube. The sound was very low and it was distorted. I opened up the speakers and searched for any wires that are not connected, every transistor, every capacitor and even the transformer and nothing seemed that exploded/burned. I even tried to reinstall windows 10 but the sound worked only for like half an hour and again started being distorted and low volume. I tried a lot of google searching and troubleshooting but nothing seemed to work. I even reinstalled the drivers and installed the latest ones but no difference. Windows notifications and musics from games seem to sound just fine. But when i go to listen something to opera (my default web browser) it works fine playing music but when someone's talking its very annoying. So i would be happy if someone responds... though i didn't tried to install other web browsers... I don't even know are they permanently or temporarily like that but i hope they aren't... ??? ??? ??? ???

I tried even to turn off sound effects. When i try to turn off the "Other applications can take exclusive control of this device " option but it gets on again...
I posted forum on other forums and some people think that its because i use the latest windows 10 version and that version has the sound broken and that.. if that is the case i would like to know how to get the older version of windows...

I use Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version and Realtek audio drivers...

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Distorted sound
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
You now have 2 Topics on issues...is this all the same PC ? ?
If so keep it in 1 Topic so we can diagnose...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 07:10:14 PM »
First of all are you sure its the computer and not the speakers your using. the fact that you went looking for problems in the speakers might point to the speakers as sketchy health. I'd connect them to another audio source and see if the problem is just with the set of speakers.

If its truly a problem with the Audio of the computer the cheapest and easiest solution is to buy a USB Audio Adapter for around $15-20 USD which acts as a sound card and the speakers then connect to this. This device would have a driver that supports Windows 10 when buying the correct adapter.

CyberLuka

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:17:42 AM »
Yep its the same pc