Microsoft > Windows 3.x/9x/ME

resetting pc back to factory settings

(1/2) > >>

pc old kid:
Hi If you have a win98 disk, do you still need the product key?  My code does not seam to work when using the built in program.  Do I have to go into the bios to use the disk.  Any help appreciated.  ::)

Lisa_maree:

--- Quote from: pc old kid on September 18, 2019, 02:20:27 AM ---Hi If you have a win98 disk, do you still need the product key?  Yes you do but it is a product key only it doesn't need to activate on the internet like windows XP and later
My code does not seam to work when using the built in program.  Not sure what you mean. Windows 98 was on a CD and the cover/case had the product key printed on it. If you don't have the case or product key then the disk isn't much use

Do I have to go into the bios to use the disk. Depends on the computer if it has an option in the bios to boot from cd, if not you will need a floppy disk with cd support and then run setup from the CD. You can get the boot disk image from here
  http://bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

--- End quote ---
Any help appreciated.  ::) You are most welcome

pc old kid:
Thanks for reply. :)

patio:
Why reply on quotes ? ?
Kinda wierd

Lisa_maree:
Sorry Patio, Is this better

Hi If you have a win98 disk, do you still need the product key?  Yes you do but it is a product key only it doesn't need to activate on the internet like windows XP and later
My code does not seam to work when using the built in program.  Not sure what you mean. Windows 98 was on a CD and the cover/case had the product key printed on it. If you don't have the case or product key then the disk isn't much use

Do I have to go into the bios to use the disk. Depends on the computer if it has an option in the bios to boot from cd, if not you will need a floppy disk with cd support and then run setup from the CD. You can get the boot disk image from here
  http://bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version