Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 2 Problems with my computer (REPOST)  (Read 4688 times)

CyberLuka

2 Problems with my computer (REPOST)
« on: September 22, 2019, 08:41:58 AM »
Today i started my computer, everything was fine. Until i tried to play something at youtube. The sound was very low and it was distorted. I opened up the speakers and searched for any wires that are not connected, every transistor, every capacitor and even the transformer and nothing seemed that exploded/burned. I even tried to reinstall windows 10 but the sound worked only for like half an hour and again started being distorted and low volume. I tried a lot of google searching and troubleshooting but nothing seemed to work. I even reinstalled the drivers and installed the latest ones but no difference. Windows notifications and musics from games seem to sound just fine. But when i go to listen something to opera (my default web browser) it works fine playing music but when someone's talking its very annoying. So i would be happy if someone responds... though i didn't tried to install other web browsers... I don't even know are they permanently or temporarily like that but i hope they aren't... ??? ??? ??? ???

I tried even to turn off sound effects. When i try to turn off the "Other applications can take exclusive control of this device " option but it gets on again...
I posted this problem on other forums and some people think that its because i use the latest windows 10 version and that version has the sound broken and that.. if that is the case i would like to know how to get the older version of windows...

So i always need to punch them to work and then after some time it would do it again...

I tried plugging them to my old computer and they were not working..

I use Windows 10 Pro 64Bit version and Realtek audio drivers...

Does anyone recommend these speakers if i need to buy new ones? : https://www.links.hr/hr/zvucnici-rampage-rms-g7-falsetto-2-0-rgb-6w-plavi-100503567 (sorry for weird language or currency, its KN (Croatian currency) the euro currency is 12€, 13.99 USD)

Also i had once a same problem with the same computer

So i have this Zalman computer with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz and 4 Cores, and i have AMD Radeon R7 200 Series graphics card. This happened long ago... So i wanted to start my pc, but i accidentally turned off the electrical cord. So i turned it back on and it the computer just did not want to start. I pressed the cord like 1000 times but it wont turn on, my solution that only worked once was that to unplug the cord, turn off the power supply and let it be like that for 3 hours, and then it would work again! But this time i did that again but it did not work. so i drived to the nearest computer fixing store and told them my problem, tommorow they told me that the graphics card was the problem. They said they tried to boot the computer without the graphics card and that it turned on without any problem! So i want to know why does graphics card sometimes not let my computer turn on..

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
Re: 2 Problems with my computer (REPOST)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 02:24:42 PM »
Hi

I see from your description there is 3 or more problems with the computer. First lets get it starting so you can give us some more information easily.

First with the power turned off at the wall or back of the power supply, can you remove the AMD Radeon R7 200 card and use the on board graphics. if windows boots then download and Run Speccy from here  https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

After the program runs select File,publish report and copy the report link to your next post.

Can you please tell us the make and model of power supply in the computer.

The speakers you linked, if you like the look of them are fine. I doubt this is a problem with your present Speakers thou.

Then
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan