Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Brand new windows 10 stream/Anonymity/VPN/Secured Browser/Setup Help  (Read 9717 times)

Mandi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    So, I've never been very techy, but I hate the idea that I'm watched and tracked so heavily by big tech. I understand that it's impossible to completely stop it, but I'm aware of the fact that steps can be taken to give me more privacy. I have already gone through and turned off a bunched of windows settings. My mic, camera, and anything that says "In order to better serve you, by sending such and such of your activity and info to Microsoft." Lol It's all off! I also removed the preinstalled Mcafee security. I've seen many great reviews on windows defender, and I figure I don't need it and don't want the software digging so deep into my files. I also created a whole new outlook account. I'm downloading Fire Fox as my browser. I was considering Tor, but I don't go surfing the deep web ever and I don't want to. From what I understand, it's not exactly the best choice to shop while using Tor and I do a lot of online shopping. Now, I'm trying to figure out what VPN to go with and how to set it up, but I also read that if I do the settings right on Fire Fox, I won't necessarily need one. Now what? Can anyone help walk me through the set up?