Microsoft > Windows Vista and 7

Audio Problems

<< < (2/2)

BC_Programmer:
It could be disabled. By default that listing doesn't show disabled devices. If you right-click within the list of recording devices, one of the options shown should be "Show disabled devices". If it appears, you can then right-click it and enable it.

El_Baz:

--- Quote from: BC_Programmer on October 09, 2019, 07:29:29 PM ---It could be disabled. By default that listing doesn't show disabled devices. If you right-click within the list of recording devices, one of the options shown should be "Show disabled devices". If it appears, you can then right-click it and enable it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for getting back, I did has you suggested by right clicking. You can see there are only two disabled devices. If memory serves me right Stereo Mix should be under Line In, which it isn't.

On October 08, 2019, 2x3i5x posted

--- Quote ---First thing I would do is to get and install the latest drivers available for your audio card/device & operating system. Looks like your computer just has the generic drivers provided by Microsoft.

If your device supports Stereo Mix and it's not showing up, that may be a reason.

--- End quote ---

On October 09, 2019, I replied.

--- Quote ---I downloaded the audio driver went to install it, during the installation I received a report "Install Realtech Audio Driver Failure"

--- End quote ---

Perhaps I downloaded the wrong driver. My motherboard is

ALiveNF6P-VSTA
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.50 04/09/2008

I have audio, but I don't have anyway of recording. I get these two reports when I use Audacity top and Wavepad.

This is really getting me down - Thanks for any additional help.

Lisa_maree:
Hi

From your posts (which are very good  :) ) i see the windows was installed on  08/05/2019 19:34:50 was this when you got the replacement computer? And was this a clean  windows install on this computer ?

In device manager is there any devices either with exclamation marks or not working like the PCI bridge driver. ?

Also Asrock didn't write drivers for your motherboard for Windows 7 the last drivers were for Vista. Lenovo and Dell used the ALC662 sound chip you could try their drivers. And have drivers to Windows 10.
Lenovo updated driver from here  https://support.lenovo.com/se/en/downloads/ds003584

El_Baz:

--- Quote from: Lisa_maree on October 10, 2019, 01:22:21 PM ---Hi

From your posts (which are very good  :) ) i see the windows was installed on  08/05/2019 19:34:50 was this when you got the replacement computer? And was this a clean  windows install on this computer ?

In device manager is there any devices either with exclamation marks or not working like the PCI bridge driver. ?

Also Asrock didn't write drivers for your motherboard for Windows 7 the last drivers were for Vista. Lenovo and Dell used the ALC662 sound chip you could try their drivers. And have drivers to Windows 10.
Lenovo updated driver from here  https://support.lenovo.com/se/en/downloads/ds003584

--- End quote ---

Good news, problem solved. I found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e24c8i6xloU

Went to the website, downloaded the file, 0009-32bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282 and installed the drivers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2x3i5x:

--- Quote from: El_Baz on October 10, 2019, 02:33:57 PM ---Went to the website, downloaded the file, 0009-32bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282 and installed the drivers.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

--- End quote ---

That's great that you got it working!  I would also keep a backup of the driver installation files that you used to install in case you ever need to reinstall windows for whatever reason :)
Even though you're up and running, I was about to post this if you're interested: Realtek's official website for the win7 drivers: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version