Microsoft > Windows Vista and 7

More Audio Problems - Can't Enable Speakers

(1/1)

El_Baz:
Further to my earlier post which can be viewed at the address below. I mentioned in that post that although I had audio, I couldn't record it.

https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,174431.0.html

This morning I lost all audio. If you look at the image below, you will see the speakers are greyed and it states that they are not plugged in. I normally feed audio from the computer into an amplifier so there is something plugged into the socket. Checking the properties I found the Device is enabled.

With all the problems I'm having. I decided to ditch Windows 7 in favour of Windows 8 in the hope that would solve both this new issue and the one I mentioned earlier, it didn't.

Where can I obtain the correct audio driver for this board.

ALiveNF6P-VSTA
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.50 04/09/2008

Many thanks

Geek-9pm:
It would seem you have a hardware issue.
Yje 2.4 mm pugs and jacks have been around along time and can cause problems if they are not built to high standards. An is some cases it therewith in the cable fails.
There are many reports of trouble with the connectors and cables.
One of many:
https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/3-5-mm-extension-cable-problem.373316/
In the above they do not have quick answer. Testing cables is not as espy as it ought to be. Some times the connectors do not have the exact dominions. So you can why some engineers think that legacy connectors shouldn't be used in new designs. Instead, thy say, USB should be used for everything.  :o

Lisa_maree:
Please see my post about audio drivers for your motherboard. Your motherboard is 10 years old at least. Asrock don't support it running windows after Vista so if Windows 7 was having problems Windows 8 could be a bigger head ache.

If you want to run Windows 7 or 10 then there is refurbished computers which support these windows versions quite cheap.

El_Baz:
Problem solved, all I needed to do was to unplug the jackplug from the output socket and then return the jack plug.

Thanks for all your help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version