Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blue screen of death when watching youtube videos  (Read 11500 times)

Marko117

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Blue screen of death when watching youtube videos
    « on: October 12, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »
    Whenever i click on a video after 5 seconds i often get a bsod, sometimes the pc just restarts and sometimes the monitor just turns black. When i get a bsod the stop code is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and it says that atikmpag.sys has failed. So far this only happens when watching a youtube video, it doesn't happen during gaming or when browsing the internet, but it's a new computer and i haven't tested everything on it. Although when i watch something on internet explorer it seems to work just fine, but on chrome and edge it restarts. Also my drivers are updated and the gpu that i am using is AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:00:30 AM by Marko117 »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Blue screen of death when watching youtube videos
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:05:58 AM »
    Where did you get your drivers from ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Marko117

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 10:25:20 AM »
      I got the drivers from the official AMD site and it also downloaded the software radeon settings i think it's called, i downloaded the recommended 1.9.9.2 version but there is also an optional 1.9.10.1 version, i tried both versions and it restarts on both of them

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 06:55:07 PM »
      I would revert to the drivers that shipped with the card...newer drivers ain't always better drivers..
      Best of Luck.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Marko117

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 11:32:24 AM »
        I was using the old drivers for some time before i updated them and it was giving me a bsod when watching videos. I tried disabling hardware acceleration a few days ago and it seems like it worked, i did not get a bsod and my pc wasn't restarting. Could this be a problem with the gpu?