Microsoft > Windows 10 and 11

Blue screen of death when watching youtube videos

(1/1)

Marko117:
Whenever i click on a video after 5 seconds i often get a bsod, sometimes the pc just restarts and sometimes the monitor just turns black. When i get a bsod the stop code is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and it says that atikmpag.sys has failed. So far this only happens when watching a youtube video, it doesn't happen during gaming or when browsing the internet, but it's a new computer and i haven't tested everything on it. Although when i watch something on internet explorer it seems to work just fine, but on chrome and edge it restarts. Also my drivers are updated and the gpu that i am using is AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

patio:
Where did you get your drivers from ? ?

Marko117:
I got the drivers from the official AMD site and it also downloaded the software radeon settings i think it's called, i downloaded the recommended 1.9.9.2 version but there is also an optional 1.9.10.1 version, i tried both versions and it restarts on both of them

patio:
I would revert to the drivers that shipped with the card...newer drivers ain't always better drivers..
Best of Luck.

Marko117:
I was using the old drivers for some time before i updated them and it was giving me a bsod when watching videos. I tried disabling hardware acceleration a few days ago and it seems like it worked, i did not get a bsod and my pc wasn't restarting. Could this be a problem with the gpu?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version